Thank you for your interest in the University of Washington/Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Hematology‐Oncology Fellowship Program (ACGME #1555413151). The majority of our fellows elect to train for 3.5 years in both hematology and medical oncology, leading to board eligibility in both subspecialties; however, the program is flexible and will consider candidates who are seeking training in the separate subspecialties of either medical oncology or hematology. The program also offers training in the ABIM Research Pathway.
- Completed or currently enrolled in US Internal Medicine (IM) Residency Program
- Passing scores on all USMLE steps (must pass all steps prior to admission to fellowship)
- Commitment to a career in academic medicine
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residence by the NRMP rank order list deadline: 11/16/2016
NOTE: DUE TO THE NATURE OF FELLOWSHIP FUNDING, WE CANNOT CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FROM H1-B AND J-1 VISA HOLDERS.
- 06/09/2016: ERAS available to applicants
- 07/15/2016: Programs can download applications from ERAS
- 07/31/2016: DEADLINE – All applications must be complete*
(applications submitted after the 7/31 deadline will generally not be considered)
*A Complete ERAS Application to the Program Requires
- Personal Statement (1 page preferred; please describe your career goals)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation:
- One from your Residency Program Director or Chief of Medicine in the hospital of your residency program
- At least two additional letters from faculty or professional staff of your medical school or hospitals where you have worked
- Medical School Dean’s letter of reference
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE and/or COMLEX Scores
Please be sure all materials requested above are part of your ERAS file by Sunday, 07/31/2016. Incomplete applications (i.e., missing letters of reference or transcripts) will not be forwarded to the application review committee until complete.
Interviews will take place on five (5) days in September and October 2016:
- Interview Day 1: 09/19/2016 (Monday)
- Interview Day 2: 09/21/2016 (Wednesday)
- Interview Day 3: 09/30/2016 (Friday)
- Interview Day 4: 10/05/2016 (Wednesday)
- Interview Day 5: 10/07/2016 (Friday)
We currently have no openings for the entry class of 07/01/2016.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact the Hematology‐Oncology Program Administrator:
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
1100 Fairview Ave North – D5‐100
PO Box 19024
D5‐100 Seattle, WA 98109‐1024
Phone: (206) 667‐5710
Fax: (206) 667‐4998